Makkinga Contractors is currently accepting resumes for ONE - FULL TIME FLOAT DRIVER to start work as soon as possible in the City of Thunder Bay.
Applicants must have a minimum of five years experience in a similar position including heavy haul, operation of all types of heavy equipment and mechanical skills. Applicants must have a valid AZ drivers license with a clear driving record and clear CVOR driver abstract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-trip inspections and general maintenance as required, reporting defects to supervisor
- Load and unload all types of heavy equipment onto float type and step deck type trailers
- Use of jeep dollies
- Secure loads in compliance with load security regulations
- Move loads throughout Northwestern Ontario, with the possibility of loads to Southern Ontario, the United States and other provinces
- Create and maintain all required documentation
- Adhere to all M.T.O. regulations including oversize/overweight requirements
- Operate tri-axle dump trucks, belly dumps and end dumps to haul gravel with the ability to self-load with a front end loader or excavator
- Incorporate safety with the willingness to comply to safety initiatives and procedures
- Communicate with supervisor, crews and clients via two-way radio, cell phone, satellite phone and e-mail
- Must be able to work independently as well as of part of a team and communicate with clients and crews
Please submit resume along with references, drivers abstract and CVOR drivers abstract to: