Makkinga Contractors is currently accepting resumes for SKILLED SEWER AND WATER LABOURERS to start work as soon as possible in the Thunder Bay, Dryden, and Sioux Lookout areas.
- Previous experience as pipe layer/top man. Ability to ensure work is being done correctly to specifications and standards.
- Experience as a grade person, using manual and laser methods.
- Performs maintenance, repair, and replacement work on water distribution systems, including services, mains, valves, hydrants, and other related fixtures.
- Performs maintenance, repair and replacement work on storm and sanitary sewer systems, manholes, catch basins, mains, and related fixtures.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team and communicate with clients and crews.
- Operates jackhammers, rock drills, power driven saws, pumps, steamers, and other work-related equipment.
Hours: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Rate of Pay: $24 - $29 per hour (depending on skills and experience)
A valid Ontario class G driver's license also required.
Please submit resume along with proof of any previous training, your drivers abstract and references to:
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.makkinga.ca
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.